23rd Psalm is God's Promise of Partnership

King David's epic poem, now the bible's famous 23rd Psalm, assures all a good life in God's partnership. But it seems that few have paid attention to its real meaning.

So here again is the classic King James rendition of that poem, with admonition that the word 'Lord' is not a sacred holy title but a middle-ages refinement of 'Laird,’ the maker/master of an empire, added as such by partisan scribes—
The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul; He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name'sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;

Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;

Thou anointest my head with oil;

My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.
Now, look closely: None of the 23rd Psalm is Christian! None of it implements 'rules for following regulations,' nor does it invoke "Allah Ackbar" as one blows oneself up, or requires any to live a "lifestyle" that makes God like you.

Nor is it a teaching or a philosophy but is instead the practical evaluation of what God does for us as He did for David. Sans all religion.

The Psalm is posted by the observer in hopes that someone will finally "get it," just as he finally "got it," after hearing a retired gentleman pastor give a talk on it.

Commenting that he was unhappy with formerly fevered rhetoric and wishing he could take back all that he'd preached as a young man, the speaker unwound the actual meaning of the 23rd Psalm from what people take as a nice hopeful philosophy, to its genuine value.

This gentleman explained that God will actually do for us, each one, what He'd done for David once we learn to trust Him as David'd had. Not to worship Him as a supreme figurehead but value Him as a real-time constant companion, and rely on His partnership.

Therefore the observer can't add to the Psalm nor will attempt to editorialize it for modern consumption, but only attest that what God did for David is being done for him today.

As He wants to do for you